5/30/2014

Give me one good reason
why I should never make a change



 (An alle, die das Video in Deutschland aufgrund der GEMA nicht anschauen können: Wenn ihr den Link auf der Seite http://www.unblockyoutube.us/ eingebt, müsste es trotzdem funktionieren!! Tut mir leid für die Umstände!)

I really hope that I don't annoy you with this but so many people asked me questions about being an Au Pair and they told me that they get inspired by my stories and pictures so I'll try to give you a short insight into my everyday life with these two boys. To be honest, there are days where I don't feel like doing anything and we just hang out and play and dance together but then there are days where we go to the zoo, meet friends, walk to the park or have frozen yogurt and ice cream in the sun. It's usually the same schedule everyday. I get up at 6.30 to get ready. Around 7.30 I take the boys and make breakfast. Afterwards we play together, change clothes and diapers. It's a bit difficult to find the right time to leave the house though because Lucas falls asleep whenever he feels like it and Alex usually takes naps around noon. But after his nap we go outside, have picnics, play at the park, go to the mall or just take a walk to the next ice cream place. My host mum gets home around 5pm so I still have some free time to meet friends for dinner or go to the mall after work. It's not always easy and besides the laughter, cuddles and kisses there are moments where I just want to crawl into my bed! Babies and children cry, scream, they hit, fall, poop, drool and sometimes they don't even know what they want. Neither do I. It's about trying to understand them, to keep calm and make the best out of everything. Sometimes I feel bad because I didn't do anything special with them but then I have to keep in mind that the little things and moments can be at least as important and special as having big plans and doing something super awesome. Being an Au Pair can be tough and I have the biggest respect to all the moms out there! I bet you're all doing a great job! I don't know why but I just realized a couple days ago that this is not a job where I can just stay in bed if I don't feel like getting up or when I'm sick. And I don't even have to watch them 24/7... Thank you mom for getting up every day and doing your very best to raise and love my brother and me with all your heart! You definitely did a great job

1401501235.857110.IMG_55451401499663.956148.IMG_49971401499660.493970.IMG_5677
1401499653.839378.IMG_59541401499659.149831.IMG_59521401499634.679118.IMG_6098
1401499645.690925.IMG_60221401499643.005806.IMG_60591401499640.325105.IMG_6080
Foto 11401499637.770632.IMG_6090Foto 2
Foto 3Foto 4Foto 5

7 Comments:

Jana schreibt...

Schade, dass man das Video in Deutschland nicht sehen kann. :(
Trotzdem tolle Bilder, süß die beiden Jungs! :)

Anonym schreibt...

Toller Post :) und ich habe mich soo über das Video gefreut, aber leider kann man es in Deutschland nicht sehen :((

Anonym schreibt...

Hey Jana :-) das Video und die Bilder bereiten mir immer mehr Vorfreude auf mein kommendes Aupair- Jahr& ich hoffe du verbringst noch eine schöne Zeit dort!

Charlotte schreibt...

Oh wow, ich werde grade richtig ..ääähm ..melancholisch, wenn ich deine Posts alle lese über Amerika..ich selber war ein Jahr in Berlin als AUPair und ich mochte die Familie auch wirklich gern, auch wenn sie mich oft genug in den Wahsinn getrieben haben :D Aber jetzt bereu ich es, dass ich mich damals noch nicht fürs Ausland entscheiden konnte. Jetzt mit 20 würde ich so gerne noch mal ein Jahr als AuPair nach Amerika oder England...
Ich hoffe, du erlebst noch viele schöne Momente da drüben in deiner Familie! :)

281401 schreibt...

schönes Video :)
Ich gehe bald für 1 Monat in die USA in eine Familie und wollte dich mal fragen, was man so als Gastgeschenke mitbringen kann? Die haben zwei Mädchen (8 & 10 Jahre alt) und ich bräuchte ein paar Ideen für Sachen, die die dort nicht haben :D

Anonym schreibt...

hey jana, das video finde ich auch richtig schoen, solltest du oefter machen :) die sachen wuerde ich mir auch genau so kaufen :D
allgemein find ichs total cool, dass du uns so an deinem leben in amerika teil haben laesst, vor allem da ich auch ueberlege fuer einige zeit dorthin zu gehen!:) ich wuensch dir nur das beste!

Anonym schreibt...

*upsi, das sollte eigentlich unter dein neustes video, die sachen meine ich :D

Kommentar veröffentlichen